Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pacesetters Malakoff Run 2008

The Malakoff Run 2008 takes place at Taman Rimba Kiara located at Taman Tun Dr. Ismail (TTDI). There's two main category of run at this marathon, one is the 12km and the other is the 6km. I participated the 6km run since I'm still a newbie in this run. I worry that I couldn't finish the 12km run as it's my 2nd time on having such run.

The day before the run, we are suppose to collect our bib and vest. Here's how the vest and bib looks like for Men's 6km category.


[ the bib and vest ]


[ vest rear view ]

The Malakoff run starts at 7:15am sharp for the 12km category, and 7:30am for the 6km category. I started my run and it was going smooth. To my surprise, the few runners from the 12km category were blazing fast and when I'm on the 3km, the top runners from 12km had already reached 9km. It's insane! I wish I could have taken their picture, but they are moving too fast.


[ the early morning ]


[ the 6km runners]


[ Eric, Hoi Yoong, and Camy ]

Anyhow, in the midst of the run; muscle cramp was uncalled for, and it was really difficult to walk as well. I had to make a very slow walk for about 10 minutes, leaving people whom I overtake previously to overtake me. Yet, I was lucky to manage to complete the 6km run under 40 minutes, which is within the qualifying time :) Too bad, if it weren't for that cramp, I would have clock 30 minutes or below for this run.

Finishing the 6km run was not much to be proud of as it's just a start. I'm quite fortunate to enroll for the 6km run anyway since I had muscle cramp, otherwise it would be suffering if I had enroll for the 12km run. Able to finish within the qualifying time, I was bestowed upon the certificate of completion.


[ certificate of completion ]

I learned my lesson, never arrive early. I woke up at 4:30am and reached Taman Rimba Kiara by 5:30am as per the agenda and the run starts two hours later. I shouldn't be too punctual next time.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha poor thing u..dun arrive so early la.I know you are always earlier one..just be on time enough ady :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hope it will not happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey.. i was in the pic of 'the 6km runners'. hehe..
    anyway.. all da best for your next run in da future.

    ReplyDelete