Monday, October 26, 2009

Food : Otak-Otak Place @ Tropicana City Mall

21st October 2009 - I never blog about food; this would be the first. Anyhow, it won't be a food review as I am not good at it:) Otak-Otak Place somewhat rekindles my childhood memories and thus my first blog entry on food place. The decoration & memorabilia at Otak-Otak place resembles the 80's design back in my childhood where I grew up. The old rusty bike, VCR tape, plastic toy soldier, oil lamp, candy, and etc.



Although it inherits some old items as decoration, the overall interior design of the place made a fusion between the old and the new. Food wise? I would say not bad at all, in fact it was quite good. I ordered the very common Teh 'O', and Otak-Otak Burger which is something new, while Irene ordered herself a Teh Tarik, Otak-Otak Dumpling, and Otak-Otak Chicken Rice.


It's a Teh 'O' comes with a biscuit.


Otak-Otak Dumplings. Crunchy on the outside and the fish paste inside complements the whole tasting experience. Best eaten while it's hot.


Otak-Otak Burger. A strange combination at first but at later stage, it was quite enjoyable with every bite.


Otak-Otak Chicken Rice. Irene ordered this, I believe it tasted good as she finished the dish.


All the stuff they have for sale.

Overall, I quite enjoy my dining experience and the surrounding decoration, it simply reminds me of my childhood memories. I had taken some picture of the decoration items and they can be viewed via my flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment